Following the announcement of the program last week, the federal government has opened the job application portal for the Nigeria Jubilee fellow programme, a post–NYSC work placement programme for Nigerians.
The portal was opened Monday to interested applicants and the process will run for six weeks, “between September 6 and October 20, 2021.”
President Muhammadu Buhari launched the programme last Tuesday.
The fellowship is a youth empowerment partnership initiative between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The programme seeks to connect talented graduates with local job opportunities that apply their expertise while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge and relevant skills.
“The programme is expected to create new opportunities for 20,000 graduates annually while the beneficiaries will maximize the opportunities presented to them and also aims to equip Nigerians, with practical knowledge and relevant skills for 12 months, with or without job experience, thereby connecting them with local job opportunities,” Mr Buhari had said.
Requirements For Application
- To be an eligible fellow, the applicant must be a Nigerian citizen and a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate no earlier than 2017.
- Applicants must graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above and must be at most 30 years old.
- Applicants must not be currently engaged in any employment and would have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or have a certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field and also demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- They must also have excellent time management and a professional attitude and have good verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply Nigeria Jubilee fellow programme
Go to https://www.njfp.ng/apply to start your application process.