HTC has launched the Wildfire E2 Plus in the Russian market. The device comes as the upgraded version of the Wildfire E2 that was launched in South Africa last year. Unlike the vanilla E2 with 6.52-inches screen, this new E2 Plus comes in a larger 6.8-inches screen, with 720 x 1640 pixels resolution.
HTC is obviously trying out a new processor on this device. So instead of the Helio P22 CPU used on the E2, this model is built on Tiger 610 octa-core CPU from UNISOC. This CPU will undoubtedly have better performance than the P22. The GPU is even Mali-G52 MP2, same GPU on the likes of Helio G80/G85/G88 SoC.
As for the camera department, there are three lenses on the rear; a 13-megapixel main, 5-megapixel ultrawide, 2-megapixel macro and a fourth 2-megapixel depth sensor. The built quality doesn’t look to classy though, something like glossy plastic, that can pick light rays in X-shape.
What is keeping the phone alive is a 4600mAh battery, and this unit charges via USB Type-C. The HTC Wildfire E2 Plus support dual Nano-SIMs, and data speed is capped on 4G LTE. We are not sure of future OS update, but what you are getting out of the box is Android 11.
HTC Wildfire E2 Plus Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, December 14
- Status: Available. Released 2021, December 14
- Dimensions: 174.2 x 78.6 x 9.3 mm (6.86 x 3.09 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 210 g (7.41 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.82 inches, 110.5 cm2 (~80.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~263 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Unisoc T610 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4600 mAh, non-removable
HTC Wildfire E2 Plus Price and Availability
The HTC Wildfire E2 Plus is currently available in the Russian markets in black color. Most Wildfire series of smartphones has been sold in Africa, so the E2 Plus should make it to Africa as well.
As for pricing, the device is currently 12,990 RUB (US $176 ) on Citilink.