MTN Share and Sell is a service that allows subscribers to transfer airtime between two MTN lines. The service used to be completely free until the introduction of transaction fee in January 31, 2017. However, the mobile operator seems to taking the current situation caused by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic into consideration to review the service.
Aside the review on the fee, there are some other updates made on the service. Below are the following updates made to the MTN Share n Sell Service;
1. Changing the name of the service from Share n sell to ‘MTN Share’,
2. Review of daily transfer limit to N100,000, no longer N10,000 (Max amount of N5000 per transaction to a limit of N100,000 daily)
3. Removal of transaction fee: Transfer is free again
4. *600# on the USSD menu is now available
How To Share Airtime
You can share your airtime with your love ones using three methods and they are through SMS, USSD and MyMTN App.
You can share your airtime with another MTN number any time by simply sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
You will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer, just respond by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
To share airtime with another MTN number, simple dial *600#, then follow the prompts.
Download and launch MyMTN App, Click on ‘Recharge’, then click on ‘Share Airtime’ and follow the prompts.
NB: Please note that these features remain unchanged
1. MTN Share requires a PIN
2. Change the default PIN (0000) by sending a text message with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, to change the default PIN to 1234, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
3. The minimum amount a customer can transfer is NGN 50.00 per transaction
4. The maximum amount a customer can transfer is NGN 5,000.00 per transaction.