After few weeks of US ban, the US President Donald J. Trump has said he and his Chinese colleague are at work to lift ZTE out of the ban, which led to the company’s decision to suspend its main business operations.
President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 13, 2018
Trump says the Commerce Department has been instructed “to get it done.” But, details on how (or on what basis) the ban will be lifted/circumvented is yet to be disclosed.
Last week, there were reports that ZTE has given additional material to the Bureau of Industry and Security of the US Commerce Department to have the ban lifted.