The new Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e sports a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED screen, 5.5mm thickness, $400. But if thatâ€™s too expensive for you, thereâ€™s the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), an affordable tablet with 1080p LCD.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
The letter â€œeâ€ spotted in the name, comes just days before the Galaxy S10e is unveiled. This isnâ€™t a flagship device like the Tab S4 10.5 from last year, though you could probably tell that from the price.
Still, itâ€™s hard to beat the Tab S5e in terms of portability. Its metal body is razor-thin at just 5.5mm (vs. 7.1mm for the S4) and it weighs 400g. Thereâ€™s an optional Book cover keyboard that you can use with DeX mode for a laptop-like experience.
The 10.5-inch display panel has 2,560 x 1,600px resolution â€“ thatâ€™s a 16:10 aspect ratio and a pixel density thatâ€™s slightly higher than the iPad Pro 11. Thereâ€™s no stylus support, though.
On the plus side, there are four AKG-tuned speakers (one in each corner) with Dolby Atmos and the 7,040mAh battery is good for over 14 hours of video watching. Thereâ€™s fast charging over the USB-C port (note that thereâ€™s no 3.5mm jack, but you do get a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the box).
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is powered by a Snapdragon 670 chipset, which isnâ€™t flagship material but should still do decently. There are two memory options: 4/64GB and 6/128GB. The microSD slot can add up to 512GB more storage. Naturally, the tablet runs Android 9 Pie with One UI.
The Galaxy Tab S5e features face recognition and a fingerprint scanner (built into the Power key). Thereâ€™s also an 8MP selfie camera and a 13MP rear cam.
There are far-field microphones so you Bixby can hear you better. Also, the Tab S5e syncs up with your Galaxy smartphone, so you can answer calls and reply to texts straight from the tablet.
Pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e will start on March 14 at $400/â‚¬420, the tablets will ship on April 4. The LTE version costs â‚¬480 in Europe, US price is to be confirmed, but likely will be around $460. If you pre-order, you get a free pair of AKG Y500 headphones.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Specifications
Versions: SM-T720 (Wi-Fi); SM-T725 (LTE)
Network PropertiesÂ Â Â Â Â Â
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February, 2019
- Available: April 4, 2019
- Dimensions: 245 x 160 x 5.5 mm
- Weight: 400 g
- Colours: Black, Gold, Silver
SIM Type & Count
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 10.5 inches, 319.7 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~288 ppi density)
Operating System / Skin
- Android 9.0 (Pie) / One UI
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 615
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/3.4″, 1.0Âµm, AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Speakers tuned by AKG/HARMAN
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 7040 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Price
- Price: â‚¬420, â‚¬480(LTE version)
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
You Can Follow TellForce Blog on social media!
Do not forget to follow us on Telegram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.