The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 is finally official and it comes with well-improved DeX mode– the PC-like mode that Samsung added to Android. The tablet is also a high end device with a 10.5” Super AMOLED screen and a Snapdragon 835 chipset.
DeX mode can be enabled without connecting the slate to a dock. This simply means apps will launch in resizable windows that you can drag around. It is also the first tablet to support two screens – both the tablet’s screen and the external monitor (connected over HDMI) are available. Older DeX implementations disabled the phone’s screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 sports a screen display of 10.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with 2,560 x 1,600px resolution (16:10). The bright colors of the screen will be quite cool for watching movies and the quad speakers enhance the experience. Those speakers have been tuned by AKG and support Dolby Atmos (Netflix and Hulu have Atmos content).
The Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 is powered by a Snapdragon 835 chipset with 4GB of RAM.
It comes bundled with a new S Pen, which is fairly large and with great ergonomics. The tablet and stylus combo can also be used as a digital sketch pad or the tablet touchscreen can serve as a trackpad.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 will launch with Android 8.1 Oreo. It has a 7,300mAh battery and comes bundled with a 15W fast charger. Samsung claims the battery is good for 16 hours of video playback.
Note: The Wi-Fi version is SM-T830, while the LTE enabled model is SM-T835.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 Specifications
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 below.
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 249.3 x 164.3 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 482g (Wi-Fi), 483g (LTE)
- Colours: Black, White
- Stylus: Yes
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 10.5 inches, 321.9 cm2 (78.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (287 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/256 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera
- Single: 13 MP, AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Speakers tuned by AKG/HARMAN
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Sensors: Iris scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Samsung Dex
- ANT+ support
- Charging: Fast battery charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 7300 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: August, 2018
- Availability: August 24, 2018
- In the US, Best Buy already has the Tab S4 on pre-order, the Wi-Fi version anyway. The 64GB model costs $650, the oen with 256GB storage is $750.
- Euro prices for the 64GB model are €700 for the Wi-Fi only unit and €760 for the LTE model. The Book Cover keyboard will be €150 while a regular protective cover will be €70. A charging dock will be available for €60.
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.