Huawei has created a reputable name for itself in mobile photography, now sub-brand Honor wants to make its mark. The company has announced the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro today. The Duo brings a unique dedicated macro camera and the main camera on the Pro model has the brightest aperture on a phone ever.
The Honor Comes with a 48MP Sony sensor, but the lens has a slower f/1.8 aperture and no optical stabilization. The sensor is joined by a 2MP macro and 16MP ultra wide-angle cameras at the back.
The screen is the same, 6.26-inch 1080p+, with a 32MP selfie camera inside a punch hole. The FP reader is again located on the side.
The Kirin 980 chipset is hooked up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage on this model (also, there’s no graphene sheet). Like the Pro, the GPU Turbo 3.0 software promises smoother gameplay on some of the most popular games out there.
The Honor 20 is is slimmer than the Pro – 7.87mm vs. 8.44mm – and it has a slightly smaller battery, 3,750mAh. The 22.5W SuperCharge will help you fill it up quickly (50% in 30 minutes).
Honor 20 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, May
- Dimensions: 154.3 x 74 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 174 g
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Icelandic white
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.26 inches, 96.2 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~412 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Magic 2.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- Storage/RAM: 128 GB, 6 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Quad –
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1″
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), dedicated macro camera
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22.5W (50% in 24 min)
Honor 20 Price & Market Availability
The Honor 20 will cost €500 in Europe and £400 in the UK. There it will come with a free Honor Watch Magic (worth £180). It will be available soon from Carphone Warehouse, O2, Three, Amazon and Argos.
Honor 20 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Honor 20 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Honor 20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.