Huawei has created a reputable name for itself in mobile photography, now sub-brand Honor wants to make its mark. The company has announced the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro today. The Duo brings a unique dedicated macro camera and the main camera on the Pro model has the brightest aperture on a phone ever.
Honor 20 Pro
The Honor 20 Pro main camera has the fastest aperture of any phone ever â€“ f/1.4. It guides 60% more light than an f/1.8 aperture towards the 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor (1/2â€, 0.8Âµm pixels). This camera has both optical and electronic image stabilization.
The Pro has an 8MP telephoto camera with 3x optical and 5x hybrid zoom (digital zoom goes up to 30x). This camera also has OIS, which is vital for shooting faraway objects or low-light portraits. If instead you want to capture something up close, thereâ€™s the dedicated macro camera, the first weâ€™ve seen on a phone.
It has a 2MP sensor and is optimized to capture images from just 4cm away (around 1.5in). Finally, thereâ€™s the 16MP ultra wide-angle cam, which has 117Â° field of view.
On the front, a 32MP selfie camera lives inside a punch hole in the 6.26â€ display â€“ an LCD panel with 1080p+ resolution (19.5:9 aspect ratio). The fingerprint reader is mounted on the side of the phone, offering an alternative to the in-display or rear-mounted readers. Face unlock is also supported.
The Honor 20 Pro is powered by the flagship Kirin 980 chipset and boasts 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage. The chipset feature a graphene cooling sheet, which has a thermal conductivity 1.5x better than copper.
Thanks to the powerful dual NPU and ISP, the AIS Super Night Mode can quickly capture several images at a time, discard the blurry ones and combine the remaining shots into one high-quality image even in low light. The 48MP AI Ultra Clarity Mode does the same in daylight.
Honor 20 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, May
- Dimensions: 154.6 x 74 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 182 g
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Phantom Blue, Phantom Black
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.26 inches, 96.2 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~412 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Magic 2.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- Storage/RAM: 256 GB/8 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Quad â€“
- 48 MP, f/1.4, 28mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8Âµm, Laser/PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1″
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4.4″, Laser/PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22.5W (50% in 30 min)
Honor 20 Pro Price & Market Availability
The Honor 20 Pro is coming soon at a price of â‚¬600.
Honor 20 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Honor 20 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about the Honor 20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, pleaseÂ contact us.
Our Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.