LG has unveiled its sixth V-series phone – meet the LG V60 ThinQ 5G. The handset comes with the latest Snapdragon 865 chipset alongside Qualcomm’s X55 modem which supports both flavors of 5G, mmWave (higher bandwidth) and sub-6GHz (better coverage). Additionally, the company brought a new dual-camera setup with a 64MP main sensor, a bigger 5,000 mAh battery and a revamped Dual Screen accessory.
The V60 ThinQ comes is built around a large 6.8-inch FHD+ OLED panel with a tall 20.5:9 aspect ratio. It also carried over the waterdrop from the V50S and that now houses a 10MP selfie cam. The display also houses a built-in fingerprint reader and features Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Going around the back we find a ToF sensor and a pair of cameras – a 1/1.7″ 64MP main shooter with OIS and 13 MP ultrawide snapper with a 117-degree field of view. The phone is capable of 8K video recording with support for HDR10+ in manual mode.
The Snapdragon 865 is paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage which is expandable via the microSD slot.
The LG V60 ThinQ is IP68 dust and water-resistant and MIL-STD 810G compliant.
It runs Android 10 with LG UX 9.0 on top and sports a dedicated Google Assistant key on the left-hand side. Keeping true to its roots, LG once again brought a 32-Bit Quad DAC, stereo speakers and a 4 microphone setup.
The beefy 5,000 mAh battery supports Quick Charge 4+ as well as wireless charging. The V60 also supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 connectivity standard.
LG Dual Screen Accessory
LG also updated its Dual Screen accessory which now boasts a 6.8-inch FHD+ OLED panel with a 360 Freestop Hinge which can be used in laptop, stand and tent modes. There is also a new 2.1-inch notification panel with convenient always-on functionality. The second screen now connects via the USB-C port and unlike the one from the V50 lacks its own power supply.
LG V60 ThinQ 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 12(700), 25(1900), 26(850), 41(2500), 46(5200), 48, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- 5G: 5G band 2(1900), 25(1900), 41(2500), 66(1700), 71(600); SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat22; 5G
- Announced: 2020, February 26
- Status: Expected Release, 2020, March
- Dimensions: 169.3 x 77.6 x 8.9 mm (6.67 x 3.06 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 218 g (7.69 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Colours: Classy Blue, Classy White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: P-OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- DCI-P3 100%
- Always-on display
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot) – dual-SIM model
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (standard), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, Dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/1.9, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm
- 3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4320p@30fps, 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p, HDR10+, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 10 MP, f/1.9, 30mm (standard), 1/3.1″, 1.22µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- 24-bit/192kHz audio recording
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0+)
- USB Power Delivery 2.0
- Wireless charging
LG Dual Screen Specifications
Display: 6.8-inch FHD + 2460 × 1080 20.5: 9, P-OLED FullVision
Cover Display: 2.1-inch monochrome
Dimension: 175.9 x 86 x 14.9mm
Colour: Black, White
USB: USB Type-C
LG V60 ThinQ 5G Price and Availability
The LG V60 is scheduled for release in the US, Europe, and Asian countries in March 2020, prices are undecided.