The Nubia Z40S Pro has been launched in China. It is an updated version of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 powered Nubia Z40 Pro flagship phone, which was announced in the first half of 2022. The Z40S Pro comes equipped with the more powerful Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC.
The Nubia Z40S Pro’s display has a centrally positioned punch-hole and super-slim bezels. As compared to the Z40 Pro, the Z40S Pro has a redesigned camera module.
The Nubia Z40S Pro features a 6.67-inch OLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, a 144Hz refresh rate, a 480Hz touch sampling rate, a maximum brightness of 1,000 nits, a 3000000:1 contrast ratio, and a DCI-P color gamut of 100 per cent. It comes with an under-display fingerprint scanner.
The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset is present under the hood of the Nubia Z40S Pro. The device is equipped with up to 18 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 1 TB of UFS 3.1 storage. For heat dissipation, it has a 3062mm2 vapor chamber unit.
It is equipped with a custom-made 35mm, 64-megapixel Sony IMX787 main camera with an f/1.6 aperture and OIS support. It is coupled with a 50-megapixel ultra-wide lens with a 116-degree FOV, which can be used for capturing macro shots with a 2 cm focal length. This lens also supports 8K macro video shooting. Lastly, the triple camera unit on the back of the phone has an 8-megapixel periscope telephoto camera that works with OIS.
The Z40S is equipped with Nubia’s NEOVision camera technology for capturing enhanced photos. On the front, it is fitted with a 16-megapixel selfie camera. The device will come pre-loaded with MyOS 12 based on Android 12 OS.
The Nubia Z40S Pro comes in two battery variants. The one that houses a 5,000mAh battery carries support for 80W fast charging. On the other hand, the other variant packs a 4,600mAh battery that supports 120W fast charging.
The Nubia Z40S Pro is packed with other features, such as dual SIM support, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, and a USB-C port. The Z40S Pro measures 16.27 x 73.95 x 8.05mm and weighs around 205 grams.
Nubia Z40S Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, July 20
- Status: Exp. release 2022, July 26
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 74 x 8.1 mm (6.35 x 2.91 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Build: Glass front, aluminum frame, glass back
- Colors: Interstellar Black, Star Black, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+, 1000 nits
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~90.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 12, MyOS 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 18GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.6, 35mm (standard), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 116˚ (ultrawide), AF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 8K, 4K@30/60/120fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: Yes
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh (regular version)/ 4600 mAh (120W version), non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W (regular version)
- Fast charging 120W + fast magnetic wireless charging 15W (120W version)
Nubia Z40S Pro Price and Availability
The Nubia Z40S Pro (80W variant) comes in four configurations: 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage, 12 GBR AM + 256 GB storage, and 12 GB RAM + 512 GB storage. These models are priced at 3,399 Yuan (~$503), 3,699 Yuan (~$508), 3,999 Yuan (~$592), and 4,499 Yuan (~$666), respectively.
The Nubia Z40S Pro (120W) model comes in two options, such as 12 GB RAM + 512 GB storage and 18 GB RAM + 1 TB storage. Both variants are priced at 4,299 Yuan (~$637) and 6,699 Yuan (~$992). The Z40S Pro comes in Magic Green and Black shades.
In addition, there is an anime-based Ling Cage limited-edition model with 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage, which comes in a special retail box. The special edition model is priced at 4,699 Yuan (~$696). The first sale of the Z40S Pro will be carried out at 10 am (local time) on July 26 in China.