vivo’s iQOO has launched the first phone with 200W fast wired charging – the iQOO 10 Pro. The vanilla model was also unveiled at the same time, but that charges at “only” 120W. Let’s have a closer look starting with the Pro.
iQOO 10 Pro Launched With 200W Fast Charging Tech
The iQOO 10 Pro has a 4,700mAh battery that is split into two cells. A GaN charger pushes out an impressive 10A , which is enough to complete a full charge in just 10 minutes. The charger comes in the box and is paired with a 1.5m (5ft) USB-C charging cable.
The phone also supports USB Power Delivery (PPS) chargers at up to 65W. There is also wireless charging at up to 50W as well as reverse charging.
Charging aside, the phone builds on where the iQOO 9 Pro left off. It upgrades to the new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, of course, which advertises a 10% boost in performance with better energy efficiency to boot. The chip is paired with 8/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256/512GB storage (UFS 3.1), it runs Android 12 with OriginOS out of the box.
The display is similar to the predecessor, a curved 6.78” E5 AMOLED panel with 1,440 x 3,200px resolution. This LTPO 3.0 panel supports a variable refresh rate up to 120Hz and has 100% DCI-P3 coverage and factory color calibration (deltaE < 0.32).
The 8+ Gen 1 chipset is backed by the vivo V1+ chip, which uses interpolation to increase the frame rate of games so that they can make the best of the high refresh rate display, while keeping power usage temperature in check. For example, it can run Honor of Kings for 3 hours straight at 119.09fps in a room with 26°C ambient temperature.
The V1+ has another duty to perform – it helps process images from the camera. The main module has a 50MP GN5 sensor – 1/1.56” with 1.0µm pixels. This module has an f/1.88 lens and gimbal stabilization. This cam can record 8K video.
Additionally, there is a 3x telephoto camera (69mm) with OIS and a 14.6MP sensor. Also on the back is the 150° ultra wide-angle lens, this one with a 50MP sensor. The selfie camera on the front has a 16MP sensor.
Wireless connectivity includes 5G, of course, plus Wi-Fi 6 (ax), Bluetooth 5.3 with aptX Adaptive and LDAC, the major global positioning systems and NFC. Wired connectivity is done through a USB-C port wired for 2.0 speeds.
The 10 Pro mid-frame is made out of aluminum. There is also an X-axis linear motor for haptic feedback and stereo speakers. The phone uses a large ultrasonic fingerprint reader that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
iQOO 10 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, July 19
- Status: Exp. release 2022, July 26
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 75.5 x 9.5 mm (6.49 x 2.97 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 215.4 g or 216.2 g (7.58 oz)
- Colors: Black, White (BMW M branding)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPO3 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 1000 nits (HBM), 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.0 cm2 (~89.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~518 ppi density)
- Android 12, Funtouch 12 (International), Origin OS Ocean (China)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1 (V6)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.57″, 1.0µm, PDAF, gimbal OIS
- 6 MP, f/2.2, 69mm (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.3, 15mm, 150˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, AF
- Features: Dual-LED lash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4700 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 200W, 100% in 10 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Power Delivery 3.0
iQOO 10 Pro Price and Availability
The iQOO 10 Pro is now available for registration through the online vivo shop in China, sales will begin on July 26 (Tuesday next week). The 8/256GB model starts at CNY 5,000 ($740/€725/₹59,300), there is also a 12/256GB unit for CNY 5,500 and a 12/512GB “Legendary Edition” for CNY 6,000.
You need to put down a CNY 100 deposit to reserve a place in the queue. This nets you a half year extension on your warranty and an iQOO backpack.