Last week, Tecno launched the Spark 9 Pro with key features like a 90Hz display, Helio G85 chip, and a 5,000mAh battery. Now the brand is back with a new Spark 9-series phone called the Tecno Spark 9T.
The Spark 9T features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD screen that delivers a Full HD+ resolution and a 60Hz refresh rate. There is a teardrop notch on the screen, which houses an 8-megapixel selfie camera.
Moving to the back reveals a triple camera setup having two large-sized camera rings. It has a 13-megapixel main camera, a 2-megapixel depth-sensing unit, and an AI lens. The device comes preinstalled with Android 12 OS with HiOS 8.6 UI on top.
The MediaTek Helio G37 is present under the hood of the Spark 9T. The device is equipped with 4 GB of RAM, up to a 128 GB of built-in storage, and a microSD card slot for additional storage. The handset packs a 5,000mAh battery that support for 10W charging.
It also offers other features such as a side-facing fingerprint scanner, a USB-C port, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Tecno Spark 9T Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2022, June 20
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Colors: Atlantic Blue, Turquoise Cyan, Iris Purple, Cocoa Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Android 12, HIOS 8.6
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765V/CB Helio G37 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, (wide), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- QVGA, f/2.0
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Tecno Spark 9T Price and Availability
For now, the Spark 9T is available only in Nigeria. It comes in two options: 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage and 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage. These variants are priced at NGN 78,300 (~$188) and 88,000 (~$211). It can be purchased in colours like Atlantic Blue, Turquoise Cyan, Iris Purple and Cocoa Gold. The Spark 9T is expected to release in other countries too in the coming weeks.