Tecno has introduced a new smartphone to the global market called the Tecno Spark 9 Pro. The smartphone comes as a successor of last year’s Tecno Spark 8 Pro and brings an impressive spec sheet for a budget range device.
Starting with its design, the smartphone features a two-tone back panel and has two circular camera protrusions housing three lenses. The smartphone has flat edges with the volume rocker and power buttons on the right side.
On the front, it comes with a 6.6-inch LCD screen with Full HD+ resolution (1080p) and a refresh rate of 90 Hz. The display panel has thick bezels around it and also features a dewdrop notch for the front camera.
Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 chipset paired with the Mali G52 GPU. The device is offered with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage expandable with a Micro SD card. The device operates on Android 12-based HiOS 8.6 and features a large 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
As for the optics, the Spark 9 Pro has a triple camera setup on the back consisting of a 50-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and another 2-megapixel AI lens with f/2.0. On the front, the device brings a 32-megapixel selfie snapper.
Tecno Spark 9 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2022, June 02
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Quantum Black, Burano Blue, Holy White, Hacker Storm
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 103.4 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~407 ppi density)
- Android 12, HIOS 8.6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- 2 MP
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, (wide)
- Features: Dual-LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Tecno Spark 9 Pro Price and Availability
The Tecno Spark 9 Pro comes in Quantum Black, Burano Blue, Holy White, and Hacker Storm colors. It will soon be made available in the global markets starting from Africa. The pricing of the device remains under wraps for the moment.