The Chinese smartphone manufacturer itel has today, announced a new budget smartphone in India. The itel A49, which is the successor to the itel A48 of last year is said to be the most affordable smartphone with a 6.6-inch HD+ waterdrop notch screen in the country.
The itel A49 sports a 6.6-inch display with a waterdrop notch for the front camera. It has an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Under the hood, the A49 is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz. The SoC also has the PowerVR GE8320 GPU onboard. The device comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. With a TF card, users can expand the memory capacity of the device by up to 128GB.
The device packs a 4000mAh battery with no specified fast charging support, however, it is rumored to offer 5W/10W of charging capacity. The device runs Android 11 (Go Edition) out of the box and comes with AI Face Unlocking and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner for security.
As for its optics, the device has a dual-camera setup in a pill-shaped camera module. The main camera present on the device is a 5-megapixel sensor and the other cutout hosts a VGA sensor. The LED flash is also placed inside the camera module. On the front, we get a 5-megapixel sensor for selfies.
Itel A49 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2022, March 14
- Status: Available. Released 2022, March
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Plastic
- Colors: Crystal Purple, Dome Blue, Sky Cyan
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.6 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels
- Protection: Scratch Resistant Glass
- Android 11 (Go Edition)
- Chipset: UniSoC Spreadtrum SC9832E
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-53 (32nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 64 GB via microSD card
- Main Camera: Dual
- 5 MP
- AI Lens
- Features: Single LED-Flash, Geo-tagging,Touch focus
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5MP
- Features: Face Unlock, Face Beauty
- Video: 480p
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- USB: Micro USB 2.0
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
itel A49 Price and Availability
The device has been launched as itel’s new budget offering in India and therefore is priced aggressively. The itel A49 comes with a single storage configuration on 2GB RAM + 32GB storage which comes with a price tag of Rs 6,999 ($92).
The device is offered in three color variants – Crystal Purple, Dome Blue, and Sky Cyan.