LG has announced the LG Q51 budget-friendly smartphone in South Korea. This is the first Q-series phone of the year. The handset has a big-sized display with waterdrop notch. It has a decent battery and it flaunts a horizontal triple camera system on its rear.
The LG Q51 runs on LG UI’s flavored Android 10 OS. It comes with LG Pay payment solution. The modest Helio P22 chipset that has a 2.0GHz octa-core processor powers the device along with 3 GB of RAM. The internal storage of the phone is 32 GB and its storage can be further expanded by adding a microSD card.
The LG Q51 features a FullVision IPS LCD screen of 6.5 inches with a V-shaped notch which produces HD+ resolution. The notch is the home for the 13-megapixel selfie camera of the device. The back panel of the phone has a main lens of 13-megapixel, an ultrawide snapper of 5-megapixel, a depth sensor of 2-megapixel and an LED flash.
A fingerprint scanner that can be used for authentication payments can be found on the backside of the LG Q51. The official commercial of the phone suggests that its rear could be made out of glass.
A dedicated hardware button on the left edge of the LG Q51 can be used to access Google Assistant. The device is equipped with stereos speakers and it promises enhanced audio performance thanks to DTS:X 7.1 channel sound system. The phone draws power from a 4,000mAh battery. The other features of the LG Q51 smartphone include MIL-STD-810G complaint body, NFC and USB-C. The handset measures 164.5 x 77.5 x 8.4mm.
LG Q51 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, February 25
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, February 26
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 77.5 x 8.4 mm (6.48 x 3.05 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Frozen White, Moonlight Titanium
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 105.5 cm2 (~82.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~259 ppi density)
- Android 10.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
LG Q51 Price and Availability
The LG Q51 will go on sale in South Korea from tomorrow (Feb. 26) with a price tag of 317,000 won ($261). The phone is available through the three popular telecom operators of South Korea. LG is yet to confirm on the availability of the phone outside of the home market.
The LG Q51 is the not first smartphone from the company in this year. So far, it has launched LG K61, LG K51S and LG K41S smartphones whereas the Indian market has been treated with LG W10 Alpha smartphone.