Oppo has officially announced the fourth member of the Reno line – the Reno Z. The phone is listed for reservations on Oppo’s own site as well as popular online retailer JD.com. By all accounts, this will be the least impressive model in the Reno series with toned down specs and a more affordable price point.
The Reno Z features a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with FHD+ resolution and a waterdrop notch at the top for the 32MP selfie cam. The display supports HDR 10 and features a built-in fingerprint scanner. Around the back, the device packs the 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor and 5MP depth sensor.
The Oppo Reno Z is powered by the Mediatek Helio P90 chipset with 6GB RAM and 256 GB storage. There is also an 8GB RAM version, which cuts the storage in half – 128GB. The phone runs Oppo’s custom ColorOS 6 on top of Android 9 Pie.
The Reno Z features a 4035mAh battery with support for 20W VOOC 3.0 charging. Other extras include NFC and Dolby Atmos support for an enhanced listening experience.
Oppo Reno Z Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, June
- Dimensions: 157.3 x 74.9 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- Build: Front/back glass, plastic frame
- Colours: Star Purple, Extreme Night Black, Coral Orange, Bead White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~85.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Storage, RAM: 128/256 GB, 6 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Dual (48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4035 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 20W (VOOC 3.0)
Oppo Reno Z Price and Market Availability
The Oppo Reno Z is available with a price tag of CNY 2,499 ($362/€325). Official sales are scheduled to begin on June 6 in China.
Oppo Reno Z Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Oppo Reno Z are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.