Meizu has finally the Meizu 16 series with the launch of the Meizu 16Xs as expected. The device by now isn’t exactly a surprise, as we already know virtually all that pertains it , thanks in part to the series of leaks and of course to the drip-drip of incessant information from the manufacturer itself.
Unlike most other phone makers out there, Meizu continues to defy the notch for the Meizu 16 series, and the lastest Meizu 16Xs is no different. The device builds on the design of the 16x featuring a symmetric design with super thin bezels on both side, but with slight bezels above and above the display. The top bezel is home to a 16MP front camera with AI beauty features and 0.2-second fast face unlock.
The device is housed in a 3D curved body and aluminium frame weighing just 165 grams and measuring 8.3mm in thickness. It is fitted with a 6.2-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with a 1080 x 2232 resolution, 90.29% screen-to-body ratio, 103% NTSC color gamut, and is VDE certified for protection against harmful blue light.
Meizu has also integrated the fingerprint sensor into the display, and is said to have a recognition rate that does not reach the 0.2 second. Under the hood, the device gets the 11nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform coupled with Kryo 460 CPU and Adreno 612 GPU, 6GB RAM and 64GB of storage.
On the flip side, the Meizu 16xS comes fitted with a triple camera setup – a 48MP Samsung GM1 primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 5MP monochrome sensor with f/1.9 aperture with support for portrait mode and HDR+.
The device comes packed with a 4000mAh battery with support for 18w mCharge fast charging.
Meizu 16xS Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, June
- Dimensions: 152 x 74.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Colours: Carbon Black, Pearl White, Phantom Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 95.8 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2232 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Flyme
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Storage, RAM: 64/128 GB, 6 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Triple (48 MP, f/1.7, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2 + 5 MP, f/1.9, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.2
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 24W mCharge
Meizu 16Xs Price and Market Availability
The Meizu 16Xs is expected to go on sale in China on June 1. The variant with 6GB RAM + 64GB storage is priced at 1698 yuan /US$ 245, while the 128GB variant goes for US$ 289.
Meizu 16Xs Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Meizu 16Xs are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.