South Korean manufacturer, Samsung has unveiled its Samsung Galaxy M23, a 5G smartphone with a 50-megapixel triple camera. The phone was launched alongside the Galaxy M23 5G.
Starting with the Galaxy M33 5G, we get a square camera array design with four cutouts. The rest of the rear design has been kept clean however, the LED flash is placed below the camera island. The device measures 165.4 x 76.9 x 9.4mm and weighs 215 grams.
The Galaxy M33 5G features a 6.6-inch TFT FHD+ (1080 x 2408) LCD display. For photography, Samsung has offered a quad-camera setup on the back of the device with a 50MP f/1.8 primary camera, a 5MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera, a 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor, and a 2MP f/2.2 macro shooter. For selfies, we get an 8MP f/ 2.2 snapper.
Under the hood, the Galaxy M33 5G comes with an octa-core SoC which according to previous Geekbench listings, should be the 5G enabled Exynos 1200 octa-core SoC. It is offered in two RAM variants, 6GB and 8GB and the internal storage available is 128GB. This, however, can be expanded by up to 1TB with a Micro-SD card.
The device gets a 6000mAh battery and will boot Android 12 based One UI 4.1 out of the box. The sensors present in the device are an accelerometer, fingerprint sensor, gyro sensor geomagnetic sensor, virtual light sensor, virtual and proximity sensor.
Samsung Galaxy M33 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, March 04
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March
- Dimensions: 165.4 x 76.9 x 9.4 mm (6.51 x 3.03 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 215 g (7.58 oz)
- Colors: Deep Green, Light Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- CPU: Octa-core (2.4 GHz & 2.0 GHz)
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: Unspecifications
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Unspecified
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Virtual Proximity Sensing
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging
Samsung Galaxy M33 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M33 will be available for purchase in Green, Blue, and Brown color options. The Price of the device is yet to be announced.