Lenovo-owned company, Motorola has announced the mid-range class smartphone with a built-in stylus pen called Moto G Stylus (2021).
The Moto G Stylus (2021 features a 6.8-inch 1080p display – the biggest on a G-series yet. And it comes with a “push-pen” stylus, which has a clicky top that helps you pull it out of its sheath inside the phone.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by Snapdragon 678.It runs Android 10 and has the Stylus-specific custom software like the Moto Note app. The stylus can also be used to sketch something or to highlight text and quickly copy it to another app.
The phone has only one memory configuration, 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage (with a microSD slot for those who need more). The battery has 4,000 mAh capacity and supports only the standard 10W for charging.
The camera is similar to the Ace (also announced today) with a 48MP main sensor (f/1.7, 0.8 µm), plus an 8MP ultrawide (118°), 2MP macro and an additional 2MP depth sensor. The selfie cam is a 16MP module with pixel binning support. The main cam can record 4K 30 fps videos, the ultra wide and selfie cams can shoot hyperlapses.
The build of the phone is plastic and it features a water repellent design (no IP rating given). The fingerprint reader moves to the side, the 3.5 mm headphone jack stays put.
Motorola Moto G Stylus (2021) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 25, 26, 29, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, January 08
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January 14
- Dimensions: 169.8 x 77.9 x 9 mm (6.69 x 3.07 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 213 g (7.51 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Aurora Black, Aurora White
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Water-repellent coating
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.8 inches, 112.2 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~386 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM678 Snapdragon 678 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.2, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 10W
Motorola Moto G Stylus (2021) Price and Availability
The Moto G Stylus (2021) can be ordered today for $300, though note that the first units will start shipping on January 13. The phone is on Amazon US.