Chinese phone maker vivo announced the Z5 last July and today the company has follow it up with a successor, called vivo Z6 5G.
The vivo Z6 5G features a 6.57-inch 20:9 display of 2400×1080 pixel resolution. The display panel has a 3.85mm punch hole in the upper right corner which houses the 16MP selfie camera.
Around the back, you get a fingerprint scanner accompanying an L-shaped quad camera setup which is a combination of a 48MP main, 8MP ultrawide (112-degree FOV), 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor modules.
The cameras can capture images in RAW format and offers posing guidance with 144 built-in camera poses that will help you create that perfect Instagram shot.
The Z6 5G supports dual-mode 5G (SA/NSA) and has a Snapdragon 765G SoC under the hood with 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB storage.
On the software front, the Z6 5G runs Android 10-based Funtouch OS 10 and has features like Multi-Turbo 3.0, Game Space 3.0 and Game Box in tow.
The Snapdragon 765G-powered smartphone promises “PC-grade” liquid cooling which uses an 85mm liquid-cooled heat-dissipating pipe with a core temperature of 10-degree Celsius. Moreover, the system has a multi-layer graphite heat sink with a total area of over 10,000mm².
The vivo Z6 5G packs a 5,000 mAh battery that draws power through a USB-C port at up to 44W and charges from flat to 70% in 35 minutes. It then takes another 30 minutes to reach 100%.
The smartphone has a 3.5mm headphone jack located at the bottom and has three color options – Ice Age, Interstellar Silver, and Aurora Black (machine translated from Chinese).
vivo Z6 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: 5G band 1(2100), 3(1800), 41(2500), 77(3700), 78(3500); SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, February 28
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, February 29
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.1 x 9.2 mm (6.46 x 2.96 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 201 g (7.09 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Ice Age, Interstellar Silver, Aurora Black
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.2 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; Funtouch 10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 44W: 70% in 35 min
vivo Z6 5G Price and Availability
The Z6 5G starts at CNY2,298 ($330/€300) with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage and costs CNY300 ($43/€39) more for 2GB extra RAM. It will go on sale in China from February 29.