Following the launch of vivo Z5x back in May, the company has now unveiled the vanilla version of the smartphone with a better camera, more powerful SoC and instead of a punch-hole camera on the front, the z5 defaults to the waterdrop notch. And amazingly, and the fingerprint reader is under the screen now.
The vivo z5 is powered by a Snapdragon 712 chipset paired with either 6 or 8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage. The screen measures 6.38-inch in diagonal packing a 1080 x 2340px resolution and since it has an under-display fingerprint scanner, the panel is Super AMOLED.
As far as photography is concerned, the phone is well-equipped with a 48MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture and an 8MP wide-angle lens with f/2.0 aperture. A third 2MP unit for depth sensing keeps them company on the back. Naturally, the phone also offers a dedicated night mode for better low-light stills. The notch houses a 32MP unit again with native pixel-binning support.
A big 4,500 mAh battery provides juice to the hardware, supports 22.5W fast charging and reverse charging for your other devices. The vivo Z5 runs on Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
vivo Z5 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: July, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, August
- Dimensions: 159.5 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm (6.28 x 2.96 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 187 g (6.60 oz)
- Colours: Aurora illusion, Bamboo Forest Night, Holographic illusion
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.38 inches, 99.9 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~404 ppi density)
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM712 Snapdragon 712 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Storage: 256 GB, 6 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple (48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22.5W
Vivo Z5 Price and Availability
- 6GB/64GB model cost CNY 1,598 ($230)
- 6GB/128GB model cost CNY 1,898 ($275)
- 6GB/256GB model cost CNY 1,998 ($290)
- 8GB/128GB model cost CNY 2,298 ($330).
As for availability, we don’t know when, if at all, will the Z5 make it outside of China.
vivo Z5 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the vivo Z5 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.