Reliance Jio recently unveiled the JioPhone 2 at its 41st Annual General Meeting and certainly, thousands of questions might be running through your mind about the 2nd-gen low-cost 4G device from the company. The budget JioPhone 2 comes with quite a lot of things going in its favor, from its super affordable cost to its new QWERTY design, and its a befitting device to fuel the next wave of the mobile internet revolution in the country.
Unlike most other feature phones in the market today, the JioPhone 2 offers a wide array of value added features, along with Jioâ€™s proven high speed 4G connection which brings a smartphone-like experience on a low-end budget device which is more accessible to people in the country. Well, without much further ado, here are answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the JioPhone 2:
Specifications and Hardware
- What are the specifications of the JioPhone 2?
|Display||2.4-inch QVGA (320x240p)|
|Storage||4GB, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card|
- Which processor does the JioPhone use?
The JioPhone 2 is powered by a 1.2 GHZ dual-core processor, but Reliance Jio has not revealed any information about its make or model number.
- How much RAM does the JioPhone 2 have?
The JioPhone 2 packs in 512MB of RAM which will be more than enough for the kind of applications it has to run.
- Whatâ€™s the internal storage capacity of the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 will ship with 4GB of internal storage.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a microSD card slot?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 does have a microSD card slot which supports up to 128GB microSD cards.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have dual cameras?
No, the device does not have a dual camera setup.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a fingerprint sensor?
No, the device does not have a fingerprint sensor.
- Whatâ€™s the operating software on the JioPhone?
The JioPhone 2 makes use of KaiOS, a platform developed specifically for â€˜smartâ€™ feature phones.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support Android apps?
No, the device does not support Android apps.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a voice assistant?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with the Google Assistant and it even has a dedicated button to launch the assistant.
- Does the JioPhone 2 offer video call support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 support video calling using the 0.3MP front facing camera.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have an app store?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 has an app store called JioStore.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support WhatsApp?
Yes, the device comes with support for WhatsApp.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support regional languages?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with support for 24 regional languages.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support Google apps?
While the JioPhone 2 doesnâ€™t support all Google app, it does include support for Google Maps, Assistant and Search.
- Whatâ€™s the battery capacity of the JioPhone 2?
The device packs in a 2,000mAh battery.
- What kind of battery life can I expect from the JioPhone 2?
Jio claims that the 2,000mAh battery on the device will provide a standby time of 360 hours.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support fast charging?
No, the device does not support fast charging.
- Whatâ€™s the size of the display on the JioPhone 2?
The device packs in a 2.4-inch QVGA display with a 320Ã—240 resolution.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have an HD display?
No, the device has a QVGA display.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a touchscreen?
No, the JioPhone 2 does not have a touchscreen.
- Does the JioPhone 2 offer dual-SIM support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with dual-SIM support.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a USB-C port?
No, the JioPhone 2 has a microUSB port.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include Bluetooth support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 features Bluetooth 4.1 low energy.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include NFC support?
Yes, the device comes with NFC support.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include GPS support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 includes GPS support for navigation and location sharing.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include WiFi support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi support.
Pricing and Availability
- Whatâ€™s the price of the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 has an affordable price tag of just 2999 INR.
- When does the JioPhone 2 go on sale?
The JioPhone 2 goes on sale on August 15th.
- Where can I buy the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 will be available for purchase on Reliance Jioâ€™s website and retail outlets.
We hope that the above post answers most of all your most frequently asked questions about the upcoming JioPhone 2 which is set to release on August 15. You can make use of the comment box below to share your thought with us.