MTN Nigeria has launched Apple Music as part of its network products. This will offer its customers 6 months of free music content.
Apple Music is a premium US Based digital music platform with over 100million songs and an exclusive content in its catalogue. The Apple Music playlist comprises of dedicated digital radio and local appeal available to all iOS and Android devices.
Table of Interests
How To Subscribe to Apple Music On MTN
- Via USSD: Dial *447# > Select New services > Select 4 Apple Music > select 1 for free and 2 for paid
- Via SMS: Send “Music” for monthly subscription to 8000
- Other means of activating Apple Music include; MTN Play portal, mtn.ng, MyMTN App
How much is the Apple Music Subscription Fee on MTN
The free version cost: N0 I Validity 6 months (first 180 days of activation)
The paid version cost: N1000 I Validity 30 days (Paid version)
Debit card is not required, you will be billed directly from their airtime balance
- Once “Music” is sent to 8000 a double confirmation is received for your consent
- Once consent is received by selecting “Accept” an SMS is sent with a URL
- The URL will prompt customers to download the Apple Music App on their Android or iOS devices
If a customer’s subscription is now successful, below is a sample notification you will receive.
“Your request to subscribe to Apple Music is not successful. Please visit any MTN store closest to you for assistance error”
The above message simply means the customer’s MSISDN is not linked to the NIN. Customers who have not successfully linked their NIN will not be eligible to enjoy the Apple Music 6 months offer. Such customers should be educated on how to link their numbers.
Can I activate Apple Music on more than one MSISDN linked to my NIN?
No, Multiples MSISDNs linked to the same NIN cannot be used to activate Apple Music. Only one MSISDN can be used.