Sequel to the approval of a Super-Agent license from the Central Bank of Nigeria, The MTN Digital Financial Services, has rolled out an Agent Network for the provision of financial services. This Super-Agent license enables the telco to recruit Agent network known as “MoMo Agent (Mobile Money Agents)”
With MoMo Agents, it’s very easy to Send and Receive money anywhere in Nigeria.
With a presence across all 774 local governments, the network of MoMo agents are fully equipped to deliver banking services right to the doorsteps of millions of Nigerians.
Who Are MoMo Agents?
MoMo Agents are retail outlets right next to you in your neighborhood rendering agency financial services to all customers (banked and unbanked)
What Do MoMo Agent Do?
A MoMo Agent offers Financial services including Opening Accounts, cash deposits, Cash withdrawal, Transfers, Bill payment, Airtime and much more. They send and receive money everywhere in Nigeria and much more.
How To Become A MoMo Agent
Step 1: Check the below requirements to confirm if you if you are eligible to become one.
Requirements for MoMo Agents
- Have an existing business or willing to invest in agency business
- Have a Brick & Mortar/Immovable retail shop e.g. Pharmacy Pop & Mom Shop located in high foot traffic
- Viable means of identification (National ID, Driver’s License, International passport or Voters card)
- Readiness to provide 1 passport photograph.
- Capability to provide a Working Capital of N20,000 and above.
Step 2: Visit the nearest MTN outlet to pick up the form & submit your details
Step 3: MTN will contact you for a planned visit to ascertain your worthiness and suitability.
Benefits Of Becoming A MoMo Agent
- No need for Internet
- Works with basic mobile phones
- Convenient & simpler alternative to regular banking
We hope the above can assist you with more knowledge on becoming a MoMo agent.