Following several weeks of leaks and speculations, Samsung‘s much-anticipated mid-range duo has finally been unveiled. We are talking about the Galaxy A34 and Galaxy A54! However, in this article, we are going to talk about the Samsung Galaxy A34 smartphone.
The Galaxy A34 features a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and the Vision Booster enhancements. The phone stands at 161.3×78.1×8.2mm, but is a few grams lighter at 199g.
The smartphone comes with the IP67 rating for dust and water protection as well as the 5,000mAh battery with 25W charging.
The Samsung Galaxy A34 makes do with a 48MP F/1.8 main camera, 8MP F/2.2 ultrawide unit, and 5MP F/2.4 macro shooter. The selfie camera on this one has a 13MP sensor.
The smartphone features the 6nm MediaTek Dimensity 1080. You can get either phone with 6GB or 8GB of RAM, paired to 128GB or 256GB of expandable storage.
Samsung Galaxy A34 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2023, March 14
- Status: Exp. release 2023, March
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.1 x 8.2 mm (6.35 x 3.07 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 199 g (7.02 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Lime, Graphite, Violet, Silver
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 106.9 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~390 ppi density)
- Protection: Unspecified
- Android 13, One UI 5.1
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6877V Dimensity 1080 (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@480fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 25W wired
Models: SM-A346E, SM-A346B, SM-A346B/DS, SM-A346B/DSN, SM-A346E/DS, SM-A346E/DSN, SM-A346M, SM-A346M/N, SM-A346M/DSN, SM-A3460
Samsung Galaxy A34 Price and Availability
The Galaxy A34 comes in Lime, Graphite, Violet, and Silver and costs €390 for the 6/128GB model, but the 8/256GB, which is normally €460, is on sale for for just €409.
The phone will come to markets in Europe and Asia from this month.