The latest Tecno’s premium Phantom series is out with new camera innovation and a much more powerful chipset. The series consists of two models for now – the Tecno Phantom X2 and Phantom X2 Pro.
The phones are powered by the Dimensity 9000 (the non-plus version). While not the latest, it is still a 4nm chip from TSMC’s foundry using recent tech (Cortex-X2 prime CPU core, three A710, four A510 and a Mali-G710 MC10 GPU), it’s miles ahead of the Helio G95 used in the original Phantom X. The X2 phones use LPDDR5X RAM – 8GB on the vanilla and 12GB on the Pro – plus 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The X2 series improves on the original Phantom by running the AMOLED display at 120Hz (up from 90Hz). The panel has a slightly longer diagonal, 6.8” (up from 6.7”), with FHD+ (20:9) resolution. However, the aspect ratio is different (20:9 instead of 19.5:9), so the phones are slightly narrow. Also, the display is more secure now that it is guarded by Gorilla Glass Victus.
The Dimensity 9000 has proven itself quite efficient, and here, in the case of both phones, it is paired with a fairly large 5,160mAh battery. The larger battery is paired with faster charging, 45W (for comparison, the Phantom X had a 4,700mAh battery with 33W charging).
With all that out of the way, it’s time to talk about the camera system, which is the biggest differentiator between the Phantom X2 and the X2 Pro. First, how do you tell them apart?
Tecno Phantom X2 Launched
the Tecno Phantom X2 arrives with a 64MP Samsung GWB primary camera with OIS, the same 13MP ultrawide camera with support for macro vision from the pro model, and a 2MP depth sensor.
Both handsets feature a 32MP selfie camera and get their energy from a 5,160mAh battery. Last but not least, they carry support for 45W fast wired charging.
Tecno Phantom X2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 71, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA, LTE, 5G
- Announced: 2022, December 07
- Status: Exp. release 2022, December
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 72.7 x 8.9 mm (6.48 x 2.86 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame
- Colors: Stardust Gray, Moonlight Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.8 inches, 111.6 cm2 (~93.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~387 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, HIOS 12
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 9000 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.05 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.85 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Mali-G710 MC10
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 13 MP, (ultrawide), AF
- 2 MP
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, (wide)
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5160 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 45W wired
Tecno Phantom X2 Price and Availability
The Phantom X2 will go on sale in the coming weeks. We only have pricing for Saudi Arabia right now,
- Phantom X2 costs SAR 2,700 ($720)
It is available in Stardust Grey as well as Moonlight Silver color options.
This Tecno device is gonna be powered by the Dimensity 9000 5G chip. While not the latest, it is still a 4nm chip from TSMC’s foundry using recent tech.
Big one for the brand.
I love this device, comes with great specs!