As scheduled, Tecno has officially unveiled the much-anticipated Tecno Phantom X2 series today. The lineup consists of two models, namely Tecno Phantom X2 and Tecno Phantom X2 Pro. These devices are the brand’s first true premium flagship smartphones.
The duo shares almost all the specs. The phones only differ in terms of cameras. Let’s take a look at what the Pro model has to offer.
Tecno Phantom X2 Pro Unveiled
The Tecno Phantom X2 series offers a unique design. These handsets are easy to identify, thanks to their centrally located large camera island on the back. The pro model has a colored ring around one of its cameras to differentiate it from the vanilla variant.
The Phantom X2 Pro comes with a 6.8-inch curved AMOLED display with an FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, and 20:9 aspect ratio. The 10-bit panel can cover 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, has a centered punch-hole, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chipset. The SoC is paired with a vapor chamber cooling system, LPDDR5x RAM, and UFS 3.1 storage. On the software front, they boot HiOS 12.0 based on Android 12.
The smartphone offers multiple connectivity options, such as dual SIM, 5G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3, GNSS, NFC, and USB 2.0 (Type-C). Interestingly, they lack dual stereo speakers but do come with an in-screen fingerprint sensor.
Talking about the main highlight, the Tecno Phantom X2 Pro houses a 50MP Samsung JN1 retractable portrait camera with support for 2.5x zoom and an f/1.49 aperture lens. This camera is paired with a 50MP Samsung GNV primary camera and a 13MP Samsung 3L6 ultra-wide camera with support for macro vision.
All three cameras support auto-focus. But none of them have OIS.
The handset features a 32MP selfie camera and get their energy from a 5,160mAh battery. Last but not least, it supports 45W fast wired charging.
Tecno Phantom X2 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 71, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA, LTE, 5G
- Announced: 2022, December 07
- Status: Exp. release 2022, December
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 72.7 x 8.9 mm (6.48 x 2.86 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame
- Colors: Stardust Gray, Mars Orange
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.8 inches, 111.6 cm2 (~93.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~387 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, HIOS 12
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 9000 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.05 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.85 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Mali-G710 MC10
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.3″, 1.2µm, PDAF
- 50 MP, f/1.5, 65mm (telephoto), 1/2.7″, 0.64µm, PDAF, 2.5x optical zoom, retractable lens
- 13 MP, (ultrawide), AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, (wide)
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5160 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 45W wired
Tecno Phantom X2 Pro Price and Availability
The Tecno Phantom X2 Pro will retail at the below price tag in Saudi Arabia.
- 12GB + 256GB – SAR 3,499 ($930)
The phone is available in Mars Orange (made of recycled plastic) and Stardust Grey. It will be available in select countries across Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.