Xiaomi has just announced the 12T and 12T Pro smartphones for the global markets, as it had promised. Both the phones are powered by 6.67″ 1220p CrystalRes 120Hz OLED display with HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision.
Table of Interests
Xiaomi 12T Launched With 108MP Camera
While it lacks the wow factor of the Pro model’s camera, the Xiaomi 12T offers a similarly amazing screen and battery, plus the capable performance of a Dimensity 8100-Ultra chipset and a solid 108MP camera.
This one is based on the ISOCELL HM6, a 1/1.67” sensor with the same size pixels, 0.64µm, though it tops out at 9-in-1 binning for 1.92µm effective pixel size. This one also has OIS and an f/1.7 aperture, though it lacks 8K video or the more advanced features like eye-tracking AF.
The remaining cameras are the same as on the Pro, including the 8MP ultra-wide (1/4”, 1.12µm, f/2.2 and 120°) and 2MP macro, plus the 20MP selfie camera (1/3.47”, 0.8µm, f/2.24 and 78° FoV).
Same selfie camera, same display – 6.67” 20:9 AMOLED panel with 1220p+ resolution. It is a 12-bit panel with HDR10+ (no Dolby Vision, though) and 30/60/90/120Hz refresh rate as well as 480Hz touch sampling rate. Like on the Pro, it has 500 nits typical brightness (900 nits peak) and GG5 protection.
For multimedia you still get stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, though without the Harman Kardon magic. Connectivity includes Wi-Fi 6 (ax), Bluetooth 5.3 and NFC (in some regions), this is a dual-SIM phone with 5G connectivity.
The phone is powered by the Dimensity 8100-Ultra, which can be paired with 8/128GB or 8/256GB memory (LPDDR5 and UFS 3.1, no 12GB RAM option). It runs Android 12 with MIUI 13.
Despite the different chipsets, Xiaomi claims that you can get up to 13.5 hours of screen-on time and the phone comes with the same 120W charger that can get the battery to 100% in just 19 minutes.
Xiaomi 12T Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 38, 40, 41 LTE
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, October 04
- Status: Exp. release 2022, October 13
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 202 g (7.13 oz)
- Colors: Black, Silver, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 68B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1220 x 2712 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~446 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Ultra
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.85 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G610 MC6
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.7, 83.6° (wide), 1/1.67″, 0.64µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.47″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 19 min (advertised)
Xiaomi 12T Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 12T will launch alongside the Pro on October 13 and it will be cheaper – €600 for 8/128GB unit.