Chinese company Xiaomi has launched the much-anticipated 12T series in the global markets today. The lineup comprises a regular and Pro model. The smartphones arrive as the successor to the Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro. At the event, the Chinese brand also announced the Redmi Pad, Redmi Buds 4 Pro, and more devices.
The Xiaomi 12T Pro seems to be a slightly tweaked version of the Redmi K50 Ultra in China.
Xiaomi 12T Pro
The Xiaomi 12T series arrives with the same design as the Xiaomi 12 Pro. The 12T pro comes with a centre-aligned punch-hole display and a rectangular camera module on the back panel.
It features a 6.67-inch OLED screen bearing a 1.5K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. They are equipped with an under-display fingerprint scanner.
In the photography department, the Xiaomi 12T Pro comes with triple rear cameras. The setup on the standard version comprises a 108MP main sensor with OIS support, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP macro camera. On the other hand, the Pro variant is the first-ever Xiaomi device to sport a 200MP primary sensor while retaining the other two lenses from the regular model. On the front, both phones feature a 20-megapixel selfie snapper.
Under the hood, The Xiaomi 12T Pro is equipped with a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 SoC with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The phone packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 120W fast charging. It comes preloaded with the Android 12 OS, which is overlaid with MIUI 13. The device comes with other common features like dual SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, IR blaster, and a USB Type-C port.
Xiaomi 12T Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 48 LTE
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, October 04
- Status: Exp. release 2022, October 13
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Colors: Black, Silver, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 68B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1220 x 2712 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~446 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 200 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.22″, 0.64µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.47″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 19 min (advertised)
Xiaomi 12T Pro Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi 12T Pro variant starts at EUR 749. It comes in Cosmic Black, Lunar Silver, and Clear Blue colours. The smartphone will be available from October 13 from the brand’s official channels.