Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 has been unveiled in China. The brand has also unveiled a host of other devices including the Redmi K50 Extreme Edition, Pad 5 Pro 12.4, Watch S1 Pro, and Buds 4 Pro.
The company’s second-generation foldable smartphone arrives as the successor to the Mix Fold that debuted last year. Xiaomi’s latest foldable offering competes against the likes of the recently announced Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, OPPO Find N, Vivo Fold X, and others in the market.
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 comes with a different rear panel design compared to its predecessor. It has a horizontal camera module housing Leica branded three sensors. The setup comprises a 50MP Sony IMX766 primary sensor, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and an 8MP telephoto unit with 2x zoom.
The device is capable of recording 8K videos and also supports Dolby Vision HDR format recording. The foldable smartphone has a volume rocker and power buttons on the right side. The latter also doubles up as a fingerprint scanner manufactured by Goodix.
Under the hood, the MIX Fold 2 will be equipped with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. It packs 12GB RAM and up to 1TB storage.
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 has a thickness of 5.4mm when unfolded. When folded, it measures 11.2mm. The device weighs around 262 grams.
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2’s outer display features a 6.5-inch Samsung E5 AMOLED panel bearing an FHD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
It is shielded with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. When the device is unfolded, the interior Eco OLED screen measures 8.2-inches which offers a 2.5K resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The interior display also features ultra-thin glass and an under-display camera. Both the interior and outer displays support Dolby Vision, 1,000 nits peak brightness, and TrueColour.
The foldable smartphone is backed by a 4,500mAh battery unit with support for 67W fast charging. Software-wise, it runs on MIUI 13-based Android 12 out of the box.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, August 11
- Status: Exp. release 2022, August
- Unfolded: 161.1 x 144.7 x 5.4 mm
- Folded: 161.1 x 73.9 x 11.2 mm
- Weight: 262 g (9.24 oz)
- Colors: Black, Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Foldable LTPO2 OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 8.02 inches, 206.0 cm2 (~88.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1914 x 2160 pixels (~360 ppi density)
- Protection: Schott UTG glass
- Cover display:
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.56 inches, 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, MIUI Fold 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.6, 45mm (telephoto), Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 15mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Features: Dual LED flash, HDR, panorama, Leica lenses
- Video: 8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 40 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 4+
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 is offered in Black and Gold colour options. It carries a starting price tag of Yuan 8,999 (~$1,335) for the base 256GB storage. The 512GB and 1TB storage options are priced at Yuan 9,999 (~$1,483) and Yuan 11,999 (~$1,780). The foldable smartphone is up for pre-booking from today with sales commencing from August 16th