Samsung has silently unwrapped the Galaxy A23 5G which arrives as the successor to the Galaxy A22 5G lanched last year. The South Korean brand had already announced a 4G version of the Galaxy A23 earlier this year. The handset brings a few upgrades compared to the 4G model as well as the Galaxy A22 5G.
The Samsung Galaxy A23 5G features a 6.6-inch display bearing an FHD resolution and an Infinity-V notch. The refresh rate of the device remains unknown. T comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded in the power button. There is a rectangular camera module on the back panel.
On the imaging front, the Galaxy A23 5G is equipped with quad-rear cameras. The setup comprises a 50MP F1.8 primary sensor with OIS support, a 5MP ultra-wide-angle unit, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro lenses. There is an 8MP front-facing selfie camera.
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G is powered by the Snapdragon 695 SoC. The device is offered in three configurations of 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB RAM paired with either 64GB or 128GB storage options.
The smartphone is backed by a 5,000mAh battery unit which supports 25W fast charging tech. It runs on OneUI 4.1 based on Android 12 OS.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy A23 5G include WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C port, 3.5mm jack, 5G, and 4G VoLTE.
Samsung Galaxy A23 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 4G
- 5G bands: 5G
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, August 05
- Status: Exp. release 2022, September
- Dimensions: 165.4 x 76.9 x 8.4 mm (6.51 x 3.03 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White, Peach, Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 104.9 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF, OIS
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/5″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
Samsung Galaxy A23 5G Price and Availability
Samsung is yet to the price of the Galaxy A23 5G. It is offered in Black, White, Blue, and Orange color options. Since the phone has been silently announced, we can expect Samsung to reveal its price in the coming days.