Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi K50 Ultra in China. The latest smartphone which is also known as Redmi K50 Extreme Edition in the Redmi K50 series looks somewhat similar to the Xiaomi 12/12S lineup. Also, it comes with some interesting specs.
The Redmi K50 Ultra flaunts a 6.7-inch centered punch-hole 12-bit OLED display supplied by China’s TCL CSOT and Tianma. This panel offers a resolution of 2712 x 1220 pixels, 446 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, and 1920Hz PWM dimming.
The screen supports Dolby Vision, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, and Adaptive HDR. The SGS low fatigue-certified display also has a hardware-level low blue light mode.
Further, the phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chipset paired with LPPDR5 RAM, UFS 3.1 storage, and VC liquid cooling system. It boots MIUI 13 based on Android 12.
The device houses a triple camera system on its rear consisting of an OIS-assisted 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM6 primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide unit, and a 2MP macro snapper. On the front, it has a 20MP selfie camera.
Other features include dual SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, dual-band GNSS, NFC, IP53 rating, Dolby Atmos-supported dual stereo speakers, an x-axis linear vibration motor, and an in-screen fingerprint sensor.
Last but not least, the handset is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 120W fast wired charging.
Redmi K50 Ultra Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, August 11
- Status: Exp. release 2022, August
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 202 g (7.13 oz)
- Colors: Black, Gray, Blue, Mercedes AMG
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 68B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1220 x 2712 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~446 ppi density)
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/1.67″, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 100% in 19 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
Redmi K50 Ultra Price and Availability
The Redmi K50 Ultra will retail at the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,999 ($445)
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥3,299 ($490)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥3,599 ($534)
- 12GB + 512GB – ¥3,999 ($593)
The smartphone can be availed in either black, blue, or silver color options.
There’s also a Champion Edition of the phone priced at ¥4,199 ($623) for 12GB RAM and 512GB storage. This variant is themed after Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
The handset is already up for pre-order and will go on sale from 10 AM on August 16.