Xiaomi has finally launched the much-anticipated Xiaomi 12 Lite. The handset is the successor to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite NE 5G that was launched last year. The latest offering packs a few upgrades over its predecessor.
The Xiaomi 12 Lite comes with a boxy design and a rectangular camera module. It features a 6.55-inch AMOLED display bearing an FHD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. It comes with a centre-aligned punch-hole cutout, an in-screen fingerprint scanner, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision support.
On the imaging front, the Xiaomi 12 Lite features a triple rear camera setup comprising a 108MP Samsung HM2 main sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP macro unit. There is a 32MP front-facing selfie snapper.
Under the hood, the Xiaomi 12 Lite is powered by a Snapdragon 778G processor that is also found on its predecessor. It is coupled with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The smartphone draws its power from a 4,300mAh battery unit with support for 67W fast charging. It ships with MIUI 13 based on Android 12 out of the box.
Connectivity options on the Xiaomi 12 Lite include 5G, a USB-C port, 3.5mm jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 48, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, July 09
- Status: Exp. release 2022, July
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 73.7 x 7.3 mm (6.27 x 2.90 x 0.29 in)
- Weight: 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Black, Lite Green, Lite Pink
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash resistant
- Type: AMOLED, 68B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 950 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~88.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 670)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, AF
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 50% in 13 min (advertised)
- Quick Charge 4+
- Power Delivery 3.0
Xiaomi 12 Lite Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 12 Lite starts at EUR 400 (Yuan 2,726) for the base 6GB + 128GB variant. The 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB configurations are priced at EUR 450 (Yuan 3,067) and EUR 500 (Yuan 3,408) respectively.
The smartphone comes in Black, Pink, and Green colors. It is up for pre-orders starting today from the brand’s authorised online channels.