Vivo had earlier this week launched the Vivo Y77 5G in Malaysia. And now, the brand has announced the same device in China. However, the Chinese variant of the Y77 5G comes does not have the same specs as the Malaysian model.
While the Y77 5G Chinese model has a larger 6.64-inch AMOLED panel with higher refresh rate of 120HZ, the Malaysian version sports a 6.58-inch LCD with a refresh rate of 60Hz. Likewise, the side edge houses a fingerprint sensor for additional security. The right edge provides accommodation to the volume rocker. Under the hood, the phone packs a MediaTek Dimensity 810 SoC. However, the Chinese variant ships with a Dimensity 930 chip.
Vivo Y77 5G (Chinese Model) Unveiled
The Vivo Y77 5G has a 6.64-inch display that offers 1080 x 2388 pixels resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. For security, it has a side-facing fingerprint scanner.
The device runs on Android 12 OS with Origin OceanOS UI on top. It has an 8-megapixel front camera, and its back panel has a 50-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel auxiliary camera.
The Dimensity 930 powered device is equipped with LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.2 storage. It is equipped with a 4,500mAh battery that supports 80W fast charging. For security, it has a side-facing fingerprint scanner.
Vivo Y77 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, July 08
- Status: Exp. release 2022, July 11
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.8 x 8.6 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 194 g (6.84 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, Silver, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.64 inches, 106.8 cm2 (~85.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2388 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Android 12, Origin OS Ocean
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 930 (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: IMG BXM-8-256
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Dual
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W
Vivo Y77 5G Price and Availability
The Vivo Y77 5G comes in four configurations: 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage, and 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage. They are priced at 1,499 Yuan (~$224), 1,599 Yuan (~$238), 1,799 Yuan (~$268), and 1,999 Yuan (~$298).
The smartphone comes in three colors, such as Crystal Black, Crystal Powder (pink), and Summer Sea (blue). The first sale of the smartphone will be carried out on July 11 in the home market. It is unclear whether it will be made available in markets outside the home market.