Motorola has yet again added a new model to the crowded Moto G series. The company has launched the Moto G32 in select European markets. The G-2 series now has the G32, G42 and G52 in its portfolio. They are all similar.
Just like the G42 and G52, the Moto G32 is powered by the same Snapdragon 680. That chipset tends to outperform the Helio G85 (which powered by Moto G31) in CPU tasks and lags behind in GPU power. Note that the new G32 has 4/64GB and 6/128GB memory configurations whereas the G42 offers only 4GB of RAM.
It has a 6.5” LCD (FHD+ resolution) with 90Hz refresh rate, the G42 has a 6.4” AMOLED with 60Hz refresh rate.
Then there’s the battery – all three phones have 5,000mAh capacity, but only the new G32 and pricier G52 support 30W fast charging. You can think of the G32 as a cheaper, LCD-packing version of the G52.
We say that because all three phones (well, all four if you include the Moto G62 5G) have the same camera setup. This means a 50MP main module with a small 1/2.76” sensor (0.64µm pixels), plus an 8MP 118° ultra wide-angle camera and a 2MP macro module on the back. On the front, a punch holed 16MP selfie cam (with a Quad Bayer filter). Whether its chipset limitation or otherwise, video capture is limited to 1080p @ 30fps.
The Moto G32 is available in single and dual-SIM flavors. In both cases there is a dedicated spot for a microSD card. It goes without saying that this is a 4G phone. Additional connectivity includes Wi-Fi 5 (ac), Bluetooth 5.2 and NFC. The USB-C port is wired only for 2.0 speeds.
The audio situation is pretty good for an affordable mid-ranger, there is a 3.5mm headphone jack and dual speakers to boot, plus an FM radio receiver.
The phone measures 161.8 x 73.9 x 8.5mm and weighs 184g. The body has a water-repellent design and can be had in three colors: Mineral Gray, Satin Silver and Rose Gold.
Note that the retail package will differ by country. There may or may not be a charger, protective case or a headset. As standard you get a USB-C cable, a SIM ejector and some guides.
Motorola Moto G32 specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 820, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2022, June 09
- Status: Available. Released 2022, June 28
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm (6.37 x 2.91 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 184 g (6.49 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Atlantic Green, Metallic Rose
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~85.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro/depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
Moto G32 Price and Availability
The phone comes in four colors: Satin Silver, Mineral Gray, Rose Gold and Satin Maroon. It has a starting price at 230 euros in Europe.