Chinese smartphone maker itel has unveiled the itel A23S, a low-end smartphone with a 5-inch display, in India. It is an ultra-affordable 4G smartphone.
The itel A23S is built around a 5-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels and 196 PPI. The phone is powered by a UNISOC SC9832E chipset coupled with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage.
The device has a single 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera. On the connectivity front, the handset supports dual-SIM, 4G, single-band WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.2.
Being an entry-level smartphone, it comes with a MicroUSB port, MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB), and 3.5mm headphone jack. Due to its limited 2GB RAM, the phone runs Android 11 Go Edition.
Lastly, the itel A23S is backed by a 3,020mAh battery.
itel A23S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2022, July 26
- Status: Available. Released 2022, July
- Dimensions: xx mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Sky Black, Sky Cyan
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 16M colors
- Size: 5 inches
- Resolution: 854 x 480 pixels
- Android 11 (Go Edition)
- Chipset: UniSoC Spreadtrum SC9832e
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz
- Storage: 32GB, 2GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 32 GB via microSD card
- Main Camera: Single – 2 MP
- Features: Single LED
- Video: 720p
- Selfie Camera: Single – 0.3 MP (VGA)
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- USB: Micro USB 2.0
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Li-Io 3020mAh battery
- Fast Charging: No
itel A23S Price and Availability
The itel A23sS comes in three colors (Ocean Blue, Sky Black, Sky Cyan) and it’s priced at INR 4,999 ($69).