Tecno has unveiled its latest Camon 19 series at an event at Rockefeller Center in New York as promised. Alongside the standard Camon 19 variant, Camon 19 Neo, the company also announced the Camon 19 Pro series. The Tecno Camon 19 Pro is the first phone in the world with a 64 MP RGBW sensor, manufactured by Samsung.
The company also claimed the new phone has the “industry’s slimmest bezel” at just 0.98 mm.
The Camon 19 Pro has a 6.8” display with Full HD+ resolution and 120 Hz refresh rate. There is a single punch hole for the selfie camera, while the back has a design of diamond coating, mimicking 200 million crystals. The main camera combination is in a double ring, but there are actually three shooters.
The camera technology is the most impressive feature of this smartphone. It is the first with the ISOCELL GWB sensor which is a 64 MP sensor with a red-green-blue-white color filter. The white is added so the camera can get up to 30% more light for better night photos.
The trio of cameras also has a 50 MP shooter with 2x optical zoom for portrait shots. It has a 50 mm focal length equivalent, and the company suggests using Portrait Mode which artificially blurs the background.
The images look stunning thanks to a dedicated Night mode that puts all available resources into action – bright sensor, OIS, and EIS. There’s also HDR support.
It is so sad to understand that the Camon 19 Pro is powered by a Helio G96 chipset – the very same that powered the predecessor Camon 18 Premier. Mediatek did launch the Helio G99 which is supposed to lower the temperature of the device but that’s not happening with the Camon 19 series, at least not for now. The battery is 5,000 mAh and has 33W fast charging.
Tecno Camon 19 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, June 15
- Status: Exp. release 2022, July
- Dimensions: 166.8 x 74.6 x 8.6 mm (6.57 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Polar Blue, Eco Black, Mondrian
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~88.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Android 12, HIOS 8.6
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6781 Helio G96 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory Card slot: Unspecified
- Internal: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 50 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 0.64µm, PDAF, 2x zoom
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, 26mm (wide), 0.8µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps, HDR
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 65 min (advertised)
Tecno Camon 19 Pro Price and Availability
The TECNO CAMON 19 Pro comes in Polar Blue, Eco Black and Mondrian colours and is priced at $280 for 8GB + 256GB model. The 4 GB RAM and 128 GB storage model is reportedly up for pre-order in Kenya for KES24,499, which is about $210.
Users will get some freebies like a backpack and wireless earphones.