After days of teasing, ZTE has finally launched the ZTE Axon 40 series in China today. The company announced two models in the lineup, namely ZTE Axon 40 Ultra and ZTE Axon 40 Pro.
ZTE Axon 40 Pro Unveiled
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro comes with a dual-camera ring rear design. The glass sandwich build is supported by a plastic frame.
The handset measures 8.46mm in thickness and weighs 199g. It comes in three color variants, such as Magic Night Black, Crystal Fog Blue, and Star Orange.
The device flaunts a 6.67-inch flexible curved AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+) and 10-bit color depth. The panel supports up to a 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, and 1000 nits of peak brightness level. The centered punch-hole screen has a 3000000:1 contrast ratio and 4096 brightness levels. It also covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 SoC. The chipset is paired with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. The handset features a graphene-based cooling (thermal management) system. It runs MyOS 12 based on Android 12.
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro houses a quad-camera setup on its back. The system comprises a 108MP primary sensor measuring 1/1.52-inch in size, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle unit, a 2MP 4cm macro snapper, and a 2MP depth sensor.
On the front, the phone has a 16MP shooter for selfies and video calls.
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery. It arrives with support for 66W fast charging.
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro offers connectivity options like 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GNSS, NFC, and USB Type-C. It sports dual stereo speakers with support for DTS:X Ultra, an x-axis linear vibration motor, and an in-display fingerprint sensor.
ZTE Axon 40 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 09
- Status: Exp. release 2022, May
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 72.9 x 8.7 mm (6.41 x 2.87 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Black, Gold, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~90.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 12, MyOS 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Main Camera: Quad
- 100 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4 (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4 (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10, 10‑bit video
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack:
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
- Quick Charge 4+
- USB Power Delivery
ZTE Axon 40 Pro Price and Availability
The ZTE Axon 40 Pro will retail at the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,998 ($446)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥3,298 ($491)
- 12GB + 512GB – ¥3,798 ($565)
It can be purchased in either Magic Night Black, Crystal Fog Blue, or Star Orange color versions from May 25.