Japan-based Sony also launched a new fourth-generation mid-range smartphone, dubbed Sony Xperia 10 IV. While the device comes with the same design as its predecessor, it offers improved internals.
The Sony Xperia 10 IV has a 6-inch OLED display with a Full HD+ screen resolution and a 21:9 aspect ratio. It offers a brighter Triluminous panel which the company claims is 50 percent brighter than its predecessor. It also has Gorilla Glass Victus for protection.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G chipset, an upgrade compared to the Snapdragon 690 found in its predecessor. This new processor is manufactured using a 6nm process. It packs 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
The newly launched smartphone is being touted as the world’s lightest 5G smartphone available in the market.
Speaking of the camera department, the smartphone features a 12-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and an 8-megapixel 2x telephoto lens. It comes with features like tweaked Superior Auto mode, Auto HDR, a dedicated Night mode, and more. On the front side, there’s an 8-megapixel snapper for taking selfies and video calling.
Other features on the device include a 3.5mm headphone jack, LDAC support, 360 Audio, and a 360 Reality Audio Upmix to transform stereo into surround sound. The phone is also IP68 rated to make it water and dust-resistant.
It runs the latest Android 12 operating system out-of-the-box with the company’s own custom user interface on top. The phone is powered by a 5,000mAh battery and comes with 30W fast charging. Similar to several devices launched recently, this one too doesn’t come with a charger in the box.
Sony Xperia 10 IV Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 11
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June
- Dimensions: 153 x 67 x 8.3 mm (6.02 x 2.64 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 161 g (5.68 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), plastic frame
- Colors: Black, White, Mint, Lavender
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/eSIM, dual stand-by)
- IP65/IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, HDR
- Size: 6.0 inches, 84.1 cm2 (~82.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~457 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Triluminos display
- Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory Card Slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.8″, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 54mm (telephoto), 1/4.4″, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/4.0″
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM radio (region dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1; USB On-The-Go, video output
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
- Quick Charge
- USB Power Delivery
Sony Xperia 10 IV Price and Availability
The phone, priced at €499, will go on sale from next month in four color options — Black, White, Mint, and Lavender.