The Oppo Reno 8 series has been launched in China. The lineup comprises the Reno8, Reno8 Pro, and Reno8 Pro+. All three devices come with identical design and a few differences in terms of specifications. The Reno 8 series arrives as the successor to the last year’s Reno 7 series. Alongside the smartphones, Oppo has also announced the Oppo Pad Air.
Oppo Reno8 Pro+
The top-dog Reno8 Pro+ gets a 6.7-inch 120Hz OLED with a punch-hole cutout for its 32MP selfie cam. The front shooter also brings autofocus capabilities – a Pro+ exclusive feature.
Another cosmetic exclusivity here are the thin bezels – Reno8 Pro+ has 2.37mm top and bottom bezels while the side ones measure in at just 1.4mm, which Oppo claims are the thinnest on any of its Reno phones to date.
Oppo went with the Dimensity 8100 Max paired with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
The back houses the same 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor (1/1.56”, 1.0 µm) as the Find X5 Pro alongside Oppo’s in-house MariSolicon X NPU, which promises better AI noise reduction and 4K Ultra Night Video. The second cam on the back is an 8MP ultrawide snapper while the third is a 2MP macro shooter.
ColorOS 12.1 on top of Android 12 covers the software front while the 4,500 mAh battery comes with 80W SuperVOOC charging.
Oppo Reno8 Pro+ Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 23
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June 01
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 74.2 x 7.3 mm (6.35 x 2.92 x 0.29 in)
- Weight: 183 g (6.46 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Silver, Mint
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 950 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.0 cm2 (~90.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2412 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.85 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G610 MC6
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 112˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 22mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm, AF
- Features: Panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to dual-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (2), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2)
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 1-45% in 10 min, 1-100% in 31 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Oppo Reno8 Pro+ Price and Availability
Oppo Reno8 Pro+ comes in grey, black and green colors. The baseline 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model retails for CNY 3,699 ($556) while the 12/256GB trim goes for CNY 3,999 ($600).