Lenovo-owned Motorola brand has today announced the Motorola Edge X30 Champion Edition and a mid-range smartphone called Motorola Edge 30. The company has also announced a mid-range model under the Moto G series dubbed the Moto G82.
Motorola Moto G82 Unveiled
Design and display
Motorola’s smartphones are known for their sleek design and the Moto G82 is no exception. The smartphone packs a cool design, similar to those of models that the company released this year. The device sports a 6.6-inch AMOLED screen with an FHD+ resolution and support for a 120Hz refresh rate. The refresh rate makes the device a good candidate for extreme mobile gaming. The display is also surrounded by ultra-thin bezels on all sides. In terms of the dimension, the device measures 160.89 x 7.99 x 74.46mm, weighing 173g.
The rear panel utilizes a textured design similar t what we saw on the Moto G and Edge models that were launched earlier this year. The device packs a triple camera setup at the rear with a module similar to that of previous Moto G and Edge models launched this year. The Moto G82 will be available in Meteorite Gray and White Lily hue. The device also has a water-resistant build rated IP52, meaning it can withstand occasional drops of water spilling on it but not be submerged in water.
The Moto G82 packs a Snapdragon 695 processor paired with 6GB of RAM and there is 128GB of expandable storage onboard. The processor comes with a 5G chipset and also brings support for Bluetooth 5.1.
Under the hood, the Moto G82 crams a 5000mAh battery and has support for 30W wired fast-charging. For interface, the G82 runs on the latest Android 12 OS out-of-the-box. The phone also comes with a side fingerprint scanner embedded under the power button.
In terms of the camera, the Motorola Moto G82 comes with a 50MP f/1.8 sensor with OIS and Quad Pixel technology. The main camera is assisted by an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. For selfie, there is a 16MP sensor housed on the punch-hole opening at the front.
Motorola Moto G82 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 12
- Status: Exp. release 2022, May
- Dimensions: 160.9 x 74.5 x 8 mm (6.33 x 2.93 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Meteorite Gray, White Lily
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.6 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~86.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
Motorola Moto G82 Price & Availability
As for the price, the Motorola Moto G82 carries a decent price tag of will be available across selected markets in Europe, Latin America, and Asia. The phone costs €329.99.