Honor has launched the Honor 70 series smartphones in China. The series is made of the standard Honor 70, Honor 70 Pro and Honor 70 Pro Plus. The regular variant arrives as the successor to last year’s Honor 60. It packs significant upgrades over its predecessor.
Honor 70 Unveiled
The Honor 70 sports a BOE-manufactured 6.67-inch OLED curved screen bearing an FHD+ resolution. It features a centre-aligned punch-hole cutout, 10-bit panel and 120Hz refresh rate. The device is equipped with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The smartphone has two camera rings on the back panel where the first one houses two sensors and the second one accommodates a third lens and a LED flash.
As for the optics, the Honor 70 has a triple rear camera setup of a 54MP Sony IMX800 primary shooter, a 50MP wide-angle sensor, and a 2MP depth unit. On the front, there is a 32MP selfie snapper.
Under the hood, the Honor 70 houses a Snapdragon 778G+ processor. It packs up to 12GB RAM and 256GB onboard storage. The smartphone draws its power from a 4,800mAh battery unit with support for 66W fast charging.
Connectivity options on the Honor 70 include USB-C port, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.2, 5G and NFC.
Honor 70 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 30
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June 02
- Dimensions: 161.4 x 73.3 x 7.9 mm (6.35 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 178 g (6.28 oz)
- Colors: Black, Green, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~90.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325-AE Snapdragon 778G+ 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.5 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 54 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.49″, PDAF
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 122˚ (ultrawide), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4800 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
- Reverse charging 5W
Honor 70 Price and Availability
The Honor 70 comes in Bright Black, Streamer Crystal, Mo Yuqing, and Iceland Fantasy colors.
The 8GB + 256GB variant costs Yuan 2,699 whereas the 12GB + 256GB is priced at Yuan 2,999. The 12GB + 512GB option retails at Yuan 3,399