The Honor 70 series has been unveiled in China. The series features three models, including the first number series flagship – the Honor 70 Pro and Pro+ are quite similar, differing mainly in the choice of chipset (both have MediaTek Dimensity chips), the vanilla Honor 70 stands as the affordable version.
Honor 70 Pro+ launched with Dimensity 9000
The Honor 70 Pro+ is powered by the Dimensity 9000, a flagship 4nm chipset with a Cortex-X2 CPU core (3.05GHz), three A710, four A510 and a Mali-G710 MC10 GPU, plus a new sub-6GHz 5G modem. The Pro+ comes with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB storage.
The 6.78” OLED display on the front uses a 10-bit panel with 120Hz refresh rate and 1,920Hz high-frequency PWM dimming. It can display video that uses the “HDR Vivid” format, which was mainly developed by Huawei.
All three models feature the brand new Sony IMX800, a 1/1.49” sensor with 54MP resolution and 1.0µm pixels (2.0µm with binning). It is used in the main camera where it sits behind an f/1.9 aperture.
It is joined by a 50MP ultra wide camera, which doubles as a macro camera (2.5cm/1” focus distance). The Pro and Pro+ models also boast an 8MP telephoto module with 3x optical magnification (up to 30x digital) and OIS. Finally, there is a 50MP punch hole camera on the front, which has a wide 100° field of view.
The Honor 70 series features a Vlog mode, which uses AI and the generous FoV of the cameras to keep you and your subjects in frame. Yes, you and your subjects, the phone can record video with front and back cameras simultaneously with image stabilization and AI beautification applied.
Honor improved its charging tech and the Pros run at 100W. This gets the 4,500mAh battery to 60% charge in 15 minutes (up from 50% in the same period on the 60 Pro) and up to 100% in 30 minutes total.
Honor 70 Pro+ Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 19, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 30
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June 17
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 74.6 x 8.2 mm (6.45 x 2.94 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 192 g (6.77 oz)
- Colors: Black, Green, Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.4 cm2 (~91.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1200 x 2652 pixels (~429 ppi density)
- Android 12, Magic UI 6.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 9000 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.05 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G710 MC10
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 54 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.49″, PDAF
- 8 MP. f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 122˚ (ultrawide), AF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 50 MP, f/2.4, 100˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 100W, 60% in 15 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging 5W
Honor 70 Pro+ Price and Availability
The Honor 70 Pro+ with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage goes on pre-order in China today at CNY 4,300 ($645/€600/₹50,000). A version with 12GB of RAM (same storage) is also available for CNY 4,600 ($690/€640/53,500₹). The first units will be available on June 16.