Oppo has finally unveiled its three-strong Reno8 series of smartphones. Reno8 brings MediaTek’s Dimensity 1300 chipset and 80W charging, the Oppo Reno8 Pro model debuts Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset while the Pro+ gets a Dimensity 8100 Plus.
All three phones pack AMOLED displays, 50МP main cams and 4,500 mAh batteries with 80W SuperVOOC flash charging support though the Pro variants add some nifty camera additions and Oppo’s in-house Mari X Silicon NPU found in the flagship Oppo Find X5 Pro.
Reno8 Pro Launched
Oppo Reno8 Pro is the first commercially announced phone with Qualcomm’s brand new Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset. The new 7 series SoC is built on a 4nm process with Kryo CPU cluster clocked at up to 2.4Ghz alongside the Adreno 662 GPU.
Oppo is also bringing its Mari X Silicon NPU and the same 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor, 8MP ultrawide snapper and 2MP macro cams like on the Reno8 Pro+ model.
Elsewhere, Reno8 Pro dials back to a 6.62-inch AMOLED with a 120Hz refresh rate and also boasts a 32MP selfie cam though without AF. The rest of the specs include ColorOS 12.1 with Android 12 as well as a 4,500 mAh battery with 80W SuperVOOC charging.
Oppo Reno8 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 23
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June 11
- Dimensions: 161 x 74.2 x 7.6 mm (6.34 x 2.92 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.62 inches, 106.3 cm2 (~89.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~397 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.4 GHz
- GPU: Adreno
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 1-45% in 10 min, 1-100% in 31 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Oppo Reno8 Pro Price and Availability
Reno8 Pro is available in blue, black and gradient colors with a CNY 2,999 ($) base price for the 8/128GB model. There are 8/256GB CNY 3,199 ($180) and 12/256GB CNY 3,499 ($525) trims available too.
Open sales in China start on June 11.