Honor Play 30 with a Snapdragon 480+ 5G chipset has been unveiled in China. Its other noteworthy features are the big battery and easy storage expansion.
The handset features a 6.5” LCD with 720p resolution and a waterdrop notch for the 5MP selfie camera. The design on the back reminds us of certain Apple phones, much like the last Play series phone launched – the Play6T Pro.
However, here we have only two circles on the square camera island – one for the 13MP shooter, the other for the LED flash.
The Qualcomm chipset is coupled with 4GB or 8GB RAM and storage is 128GB. You also get a microSD slot for up to 512GB more. Honor is shipping the Play 30 with Magic UI 5.0 on top of Android 11.
The battery capacity is 5,000 mAh, but it only charges at 10W through the USB-C port. Other connectivity options include 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Honor Play 30 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, May 10
- Status: Exp. release 2022, May
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 75.1 x 8.7 mm (6.44 x 2.96 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 194 g (6.84 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Gradient
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection: Aluminosilicate glass
- Android 11, Magic UI 5.0, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350-AC Snapdragon 480+ 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.9 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Main Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Honor Play 30 Price and Availability
The Honor Play 30 is already listed for pre-reservations, which is essentially just a sign-up sheet to receive an email when the sale begins. We do not know what the price of the phone will be but we can confirm the four colors – Blue, Gold, Black, and White.