Xiaomi has unveiled the Xiaomi Civi 1S in China. The device is a lifestyle smartphone targeted at the female audience. It is comes as a slight upgrade version to the original Xiaomi Civi from late last year and not a successor.
Xiaomi Civi 1S Unveiled
The Xiaomi Civi 1S is identical to the original Xiaomi Civi in terms of looks. It has a rounded rectangular camera island on its rear panel housing a triple camera system in a triangular fashion with a horizontal LED flashlight strip below it.
The frame of the handset is metal and its back panel is made of glass. It measures only 6.98mm in thickness and weighs 166g. The rear glass panel has a frosted matte finish due to diamond-like structures and arrives in four different gradient color finishes (black, pink, blue, silver).
Talking about the screen, the phone sports a 6.55-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+) and up to a 120Hz refresh rate. The curved panel has a 10-bit color depth, 402 PPI, up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and a centered punch-hole.
The display supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision HDR standards. It has a local peak brightness level of 950 nits and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Hardware and Software
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus chipset paired with LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.2 storage. It comes with a 36-month anti-aging certification.
The Xiaomi Civi 1S arrives with a triple camera setup on its back. The system comprises an OIS-enabled 64MP primary shooter, an 8MP Sony IMX355 ultra-wide unit, and a 2MP macro sensor.
On the front, the punch-hole nests a 32MP Sony IMX616 snapper with autofocus and dual soft light. This camera has support for the company’s CyberFocus human eye-tracking system. This feature derived from Xiaomi CyberDog first made its debut on Xiaomi 12 Pro.
It comes with multiple camera features like Native Beauty Portrait 2.0 for good-looking portrait shots and 4G Light Chasing Beauty Technology for makeup. Xiaomi claims that its algorithm works at pixel-level as it uses Generative Adversarial Network (GAN).
The handset gets its juice from a 4,500mAh battery. It not only has support for Xiaomi’s proprietary 55W fast charging but also Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+.
The Xiaomi Civi 1S offers dual-SIM 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS, NFC, and USB Type-C.
It also comes with Dolby Atmos-supported dual stereo speakers, a linear vibration motor, an under-display fingerprint sensor, and an IR blaster.
Xiaomi Civi 1S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, April 21
- Status: Available. Released 2022, April 21
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 71.5 x 7 mm (6.23 x 2.81 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 166 g (5.86 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Blue, Pink, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz, 950 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~91.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325-AE Snapdragon 778G+ 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.5 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, 24mm (wide), 0.8µm, AF
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2), QZSS (2), NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 55W, 100% in 45 min
- Quick Charge 4+
Xiaomi Civi 1S Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Civi 1S will retail at the following price tags in China starting from today itself (April 21).
- 8GB + 128GB – CNY 2299 ($357)
- 8GGB + 256GB – CNY 2599 ($403)
- 12GB + 256GB – CNY 2899 ($450)
The phone can be availed in either black, pink, blue, or silver color variants.