Vivo recently held a major launch event to announce the much-awaited Vivo X80 series. These are the latest flagship smartphones from the company. So now, what does the Vivo X80 Pro which is of the premium grade lineup brings to the table. It comes in two variants.
Table of Interests
Vivo X80 Pro Unveiled In Two Models
In terms of design, both variants, namely Vivo X80 Pro Snapdragon and X80 Pro Dimensity version, are basically the same. They both feature an identically sized screen and camera setup on the rear. On the front, both models have negligible bezels on the sides, but with a slightly noticeable chin and notch. The X80 Pro series also features a center aligned punch hole cutout on the front, while the rear houses a large camera island, which houses a circular module for the image sensors.
The X80 Pro series sports a 6.78 inch E5 LTPO AMOLED display that has a 2K resolution along with a 120Hz refresh rate, 1000Hz touch sampling rate, and an in display fingerprint scanner as well. The display has a peak brightness of 1500 nits, comes with HDR support, and also offers 10bit colors. Interestingly, the fingerprint reader has a large area for scanning fingers, and users can also use two fingers to unlock their devices.
Under the hood, the Vivo X80 Pro features two different chips depending on the version. The Snapdragon edition packs Qualcomm’s latest and greatest 4nm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, which is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. On the other hand, the Dimensity version features the 4nm MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC, which also comes with 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage.
Both models are also powered by a similarly sized 4,700mAh battery pack that supports 80W wired fast charging and even 50W wireless fast charging support. The battery can charge to 50 percent in just 11 minutes and 100 percent in an impressive 34 minutes. For software, the X80 Pro series will run on Android 12 OS based OriginOS Ocean out of the box. Other features include NFC, HiFi audio support, IP68 water, and dust resistance, X-axis linear motor, and dual stereo speakers.
The X80 Pro series features a quad camera setup with a 50 megapixel GNV 1G primary sensor that supports OIS as well. This sensor is paired with a 48 megapixel ultra wide angle lens (IMX598), a 12 megapixel portrait telephoto shooter (IMX663), and an 8 megapixel periscope lens that offers 5x optical zoom and 60x digital zoom. On the front, the device has a 32 megapixel selfie shooter.
Notably, both models come with the company’s proprietary V1+ ISP chip (Image Signal Processor) to enhance the photography experience along with Zeiss lenses as well.
During the launch event, the Chinese brand showcased a number of camera features, but one of the most interesting ones was the new Cinematic mode.
Vivo X80 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 66, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 25
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 29
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 75.3 x 9.1 mm (6.48 x 2.96 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 215 g / 219 g (7.58 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back or ceramic back or eco leather back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Orange
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO3 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.4 cm2 (~89.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~517 ppi density)
- Android 12, Origin OS Ocean
- Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 (4 nm)
- Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.40 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.70 GHz Cortex-A510)
- Octa-core (1×3.05 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Adreno 730
- Mali-G710 MC10
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/1.3″, PDAF, Laser AF, gimbal OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, (periscope telephoto), 1/4.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/1.9, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.0″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 48 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.0″, AF
- Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Pixel Shift, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2 (Snapdragon)/ 5.3 (Dimensity), A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4700 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 100% in 38 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 50 min (advertised)
- Reverse charging
Vivo X80 Pro Price and Availability
The Vivo X80 Pro series is available in multiple color options (Orange, Blue, Black) as well as different configurations as well. So here’s the pricing:
Vivo X80 Pro Snapdragon
8GB + 256GB – 5499 Yuan (roughly $840)
12GB + 256GB – 5999 Yuan (roughly $915)
12GB + 512GB – 6699 Yuan (roughly $1020)
Vivo X80 Pro Dimensity
12GB + 256GB – 5999 Yuan
12GB + 512GB – 6699 Yuan
Pre-orders for both smartphones begin on April 29, 2022, while the first sale begins on May 5.