The Vivo X Note is offered as a refresh to the current premium smartphone lineup of the brand. The device features a rough finish and has parallel stitches in the vertical direction at the back. It is made out of glass and has a plain leather feel to it.
The phone has a 7-inch display with curved sides. It is an LTPO 3.0 E5 AMOLED panel with QHD+(3080 x 1440 pixels) resolution. It has a 120Hz refresh rate and a 1500 nits peak brightness. The screen also has DisplayMate A+ certification and a 21:10 aspect ratio.
The phone has a 3D ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint scanner with a larger area. Interestingly, Vivo has added an alert slider on the left of the device.
As you’d have guessed, the X Note draws power from the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 flagship SoC. It is paired with 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB/512GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. It also has Vivo’s V1 chip for image optimization.
It comes with a dual-SIM slot, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi support. The device also has an IP68 rating for water/dust resistance and also features an IR blaster.
It packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 80W wired and 50W wireless fast charging support.
According to Vivo claims, the phone can be charged fully in just 32 minutes. The phone boots on Android 12 out of the box.
Speaking of the camera department, the Vivo X Note gets a new rear-camera design. It has a quad-camera system placed on an oversized camera island.
The setup goes by a 50MP Samsung GN 1 (OIS) main lens, a 48MP ultra-wide lens, a 12MP portrait sensor, and an 8MP periscope telephoto (OIS) lens. The telephoto sensor has 5x optical zoom and 60x digital zoom support. The cameras on the phone are co-tuned by ZEISS optics. On the front, it has an 8MP lens for shooting selfies.
Vivo X Note Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 48, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 11
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 15
- Dimensions: 168.8 x 80.3 x 8.4 mm (6.65 x 3.16 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 216 / 221 g (7.62 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gray
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 7.0 inches, 121.3 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3080 pixels (~486 ppi density)
- Android 12, Origin OS Ocean
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 47mm (telephoto), 1/2.93″, 1.2µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1/2″, 0.8µm
- Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, Dual-LED flash, panorama
- Video: 8K, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 100% in 32 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
Vivo X Note Price, Colors, and Availability
The Vivo X Note can be purchased in Black, Blue, and Gray colors options. The pricing is as follows.
- 8GB + 256GB – CNY 5,999 (~$942)
- 12GB + 256GB – CNY 6,499 (~$1,020)
- 12GB + 512GB – CNY 6,999 (~$1,100)
The company has also released a 50W wireless charging pad priced at CNY 99(~$16). The device will go on sale starting on April 15 in China.