Samsung Exynos 1280 5G SoC Officially Launched
The Samsung Exynos 1280 chipset which has already been deployed in some Galaxy smartphones has been offically launched. The Exynos 1280 powers the Galaxy A33, Galaxy A53, and Galaxy M33 mid-range smartphones.
The Exynos 1280 is produced from the 5nm EUV process. It has 2 Cortex-A78 which clock at 2.4GHz and 6 Cortex-A55 at 2.0GHz. The CPU is 64-bit, while its GPU is Arm Mali-G68. The AI engine comes with an onboard neural processing unit (NPU) 4.3 TOPS. The Exynos 1280 has a 5G modem and supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity.
The specs also include a 108MP camera, 16MP triple camera setup, and 4K video recording. The display is FHD+ with a 120Hz display refresh rate. The memory and storage of the chip are LPDDR4x/UFS 2.2.
The Samsung Exynos 1280 is produced by Samsung Foundry and it is optimized with Fused Multiply-Add (FMA) technology. Power consumption and battery life are also enhanced with the new chipset due to its efficient setup. The multi-frame image processing capabilities of the Exynos 1280 provide clearer images with less noise.
Samsung Exynos 1280 Specifications
- Process technology: 5 nm EUV
- CPU: 2x Cortex-A78 @2.4Ghz + 6x Cortex-A55 @2.0GHz, 64-bit.
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68
- AI Engine: AI Engine with NPU, 4.3 TOPS.
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz + 5G NR mmWave 1, 2.55 Gbps DL, 1.28 Gbps UL, global 5G multi-SIM.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO with Dual-band (2.4/5G).
- Camera: Single camera up to 108 MP, Triple camera up to 16 MP, 4K video @30fps recording and playback.
- Display: FHD+ @120 Hz
- Memory: LPDDR4x
- Storage: UFS v2.2
- Other: Bluetooth 5.2, FM Radio Rx, Quad-constellation multi-signal for L1 and L5 GNSS.
The chipset has already debuted in some Samsung Galaxy mid-rangers and other brands may tap it into their architecture.