Realme has officially unveiled the Realme Q5i in China. It belongs to the Q5 lineup, which includes the Q5 and Q5 Pro. The standard and the pro models are scheduled to be announced on April 20 in the home market. Some of the notable features of the Q5i include a 90Hz display, a Dimensity 810 chipset, and a massive battery.
The Realme Q5i sports a 6.58-inch IPS LCD display that produces a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio, a 90Hz refresh rate, a 180Hz touch sampling rate, and 600 nits of brightness. The front side of the phone features an 8-megapixel camera for selfies. Its rear shell has a 13-megapixel primary camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and an LED flash unit.
The Dimensity 810 5G chip is at the helm of the Realme Q5i. It comes with 4 GB / 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM. Both models come with 128 GB of UFS 2.2 storage and a microSD card slot. The device offers up to 5 GB of virtual RAM. It runs on the Android 12 OS, which is customized with the Realme UI 3.0.
The Realme Q5i packs a 5,000mAh battery that supports 33W rapid charging.
The device has a thickness of 8.1mm and weighs around 190 grams. For security, it has a side-facing fingerprint scanner.
Realme Q5i Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE, 5G
- Announced: 2022, April 18
- Status: Available. Released 2022, April 18
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Blue, Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 600 nits
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.0 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 12, Realme UI 3.0
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833P Dimensity 810 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm, AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth: 5.1
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Accelerometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W (Dart Charge)
Realme Q5i Price And Availability
The Realme Q5i comes in two options in China. The 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage and 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage editions of the Q5i are priced at 1,199 Yuan (~$188) and 1,299 Yuan (~$204). The device comes in two colors such as Obsidian Blue and Graphite Black.
Realme’s Q-series of smartphones are exclusively available in China. Hence, it is unclear whether the device will make it to other markets. Even if it does, it will carry a different name.